File a Formal Complaint
You may file a formal complaint with KHIE regarding the action or inaction of any one of the following entities.
- The KHIE Board of Directors;
- The Kansas Health Information Exchange, Inc. (Corporation);
- One of the approved Kansas HIOs, Kansas Health Information Network (KHIN) or Lewis and Clark Information Exchange (LACIE);
- A provider participating in electronic health exchange through one of the approved HIOs;
- A user who has access to the health information stored and managed by one of the approved HIOs.
KHIE policies prohibit any retaliation against an individual filing a complaint. The following information explains what to include, how to file and the investigation of complaints filed with KHIE.
What to Include
Your complaint must contain the following.
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your phone number;
- A short description of the action or inaction that caused you concern;
- Why you believe the action or inaction warrants a formal complaint;
- A short description of the harm caused by the action or inaction;
- Any other information you feel is pertinent to your complaint.
How to File
Click the link below to use our standard complaint form. While you may choose any method of communication to file a complaint, the standard complaint form is preferred.
KHIE Complaint Form
One of the following addresses may be used to submit a complaint.
Kansas Health Information Exchange, Inc.
P.O. Box 4769
Topeka, Kansas 66604
Investigation of Complaints
All complaints are forwarded to the KHIE Compliance Officer to investigate following the procedures specified in KHIE P&P 08: Corrective Action & Grievance Procedures.